Monday, June 29

A Party for my Thing One and Thing Two

Growing up in the military and moving around my mother used our birthday parties as a way to help us make new friends.  Soon our birthday parties not only included all the kids in our class but kids at church and kids from our extra curricular activities (looking back at pictures I have no idea how my mom did it).  Well it is safe to say that I was pretty excited to throw the twins their 1st birthday party (and let's be honest the kids aren't going to remember the party so it was actually for us parents as a celebration that we survived the first year...and there were definitely times when it was a struggle).

We decided on the "Thing One, Thing Two" party theme pretty quickly and thankfully there are plenty of like minded parents/teachers who have thrown some awesome Dr. Seuss themed parties that they shared on Pinterest (oh Pinterest...how you make me feel inspired and inadequate all at the same time...but I love your cheap handmade ideas).

Anyways, I had a lot of fun putting everything together and am so thankful for everyone that helped...many hands make light work and in this case many MANY hands made light work.  It turned out awesome and worth the time put into it.

*cake from Em's Bakery...check her out on Facebook*

The kids seemed to have a blast and the food was great.  I was so touched that so many people showed up and as I looked around the room when we sang "Happy Birthday" I remembered how each one of you (and those who were there in spirit) had helped us out during our first year of parenthood.

So maybe the party wasn't just for the kids or for Clay and I but it really was for all of us...because it take a village to raise a child and I couldn't have asked for a better village.



No comments:

Post a Comment