Weight: 17 lbs
Length: 23 inches
Hair Color: Blonde and Straight
Eye Color: Blue
Likes:
Likes:
Goldfish Crackers
Back Scratched
Clapping
Taking Shoes off
Binky
Toy Panda
Books
Dislikes:
Getting Hair Done
When Rhett steals from you
Strangers (but you warm up quickly)
Strangers (but you warm up quickly)
Dear Avonlea,
It is hard for me to believe that we have made it a full year. I think back through all of the months that you have been in our lives and I couldn't be more proud. You came into this world determined to be strong and that is something that you have continued to do.
With your strength comes a stubborn streak that can at times be challenging but you're also so sweet...it is an interesting combination that makes me frustrated once moment and want to shower you with kisses the next (in fact it has become one of my favorite combinations). I hope you will always be strong and stubborn...but just for good things.
You are so close to walking and you now have 3 teeth...you have grown up so fast...what's next? You tell me you have a boyfriend and you are moving to Austin, TX to live on a sustainability farm?? (actually, a sustainability farm sounds kinda cool...but still no). I look back at pictures and think about how you are my tiny warrior and we are incredibly blessed to have you in our lives.
We absolutely love being your parents and I have a strange/strong feeling that watching you grow will be quite entertaining.
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!
Stats:
Weight: 22 lbs
Length: 29 inches
Hair Color: Blonde & Curly
Eye Color: Blue
Likes:
Likes:
Mirrors
Climbing Stairs
Walking
Joy's Water Bowl
When Daddy comes home
When Daddy comes home
Figuring out how toys work
Songs and music
Songs and music
Dislikes:
Baths
Sticky Fingers
Getting put into car seat


Sticky Fingers
Getting put into car seat
Dear Rhett,
One of my favorite things is waking up to your low gravely laugh. You are usually the one who starts the giggling fest each morning. We can always count on you to be easy going and quick to laugh or make others laugh...especially Avonlea.
You have been working hard on walking and it surprises us how well you are getting at it. We found out the hard way that you figured out how to unlock the baby gates (you went straight to the Joy's water bowl and decided to make the kitchen into a splash pad). Sometimes you will wait for Avonlea to come by the baby gate and then you will lift the handle and both of you will be set free. I like to think that you two secretly communicate about how you are going to "bust out of this joint" and I hope you are partners in crime in all things (well maybe not crime).
You have been working hard on walking and it surprises us how well you are getting at it. We found out the hard way that you figured out how to unlock the baby gates (you went straight to the Joy's water bowl and decided to make the kitchen into a splash pad). Sometimes you will wait for Avonlea to come by the baby gate and then you will lift the handle and both of you will be set free. I like to think that you two secretly communicate about how you are going to "bust out of this joint" and I hope you are partners in crime in all things (well maybe not crime).
When you get out of the bath or are just sweaty your hair likes to go crazy curly. It gives me hope that you will have an afro someday and that your curls won't go away when you get your first hair cut. Speaking of hair cuts I have am dreading the day we will have to cut your hair. Daddy has been talking about us cutting it for a while and although I don't think I will let it grow "too" long I do want to wait until I can cut it into a nice mullet (hopefully right before extended family pictures).
Thank you for being such an amazing little boy and I can't even imagine what life would have been like if you hadn't tagged along with your sister when you were sent from heaven.
Thank you for being such an amazing little boy and I can't even imagine what life would have been like if you hadn't tagged along with your sister when you were sent from heaven.
Happy Birthday, Bubu!












Danged nice kids!
ReplyDelete