Saturday, April 25

Easter 2015

Easter weekend happened to also fall on LDS General Conference so we didn't attend church that week.  Somehow this slipped my mind and I ended up buying the kids some special Easter clothing.  So without a place to wear them I decided we would do a little photo shoot up the canyon.  There were geese and ducks running everywhere and the kids were entranced with them.  In fact, a majority of the time it was hard to get a photo because the geese kept squawking and the kids would get very distracted.  I am excited and a little nervous for when the kids are able to walk and we can feed them (I don't want them chasing the birds...or the birds chasing them).


This year I was able to hide the eggs, which is the fun part of being an adult.  Unfortunately, I learned that I hide eggs way too easy and the egg hunt ended faster than I thought...but next year I am planning on upping my game and making it so hard that we will still be looking for eggs in the fall.

The twins didn't care much for crawling on the grass so we laid down a blanket and they got to enjoy chewing on the empty plastic eggs (and I didn't mind emptying those eggs for them *wink wink*).  They have inherited Clay's infamous squinty eyes (if there is even a ray of sunshine within 2 miles of us then Clay is squinting (you can imagine how fun family photos are...not).

We also dyed some Easter eggs which is more fun then I remember...maybe because the new dye doesn't smell so strong of vinegar and your fingers aren't a rainbow of colors for 3 weeks.  Once we were done with our egg masterpieces we destroyed them by rolling them down the local elementary school hill.  We always judge by distance and I lost horribly...I blame the delicate flower artwork that adorned my egg..I should have painted something tough like motorcycle or tools or a Black hawk Helicopter.


Listening to General Conference was refreshing as always and I felt like some of the topics were especially for me.  Spirituality is fluid.  Sometimes we are strong in certain principles and have a personal testimony of them, while at other times we don't fully understand principles and we need to strive to gain a testimony.  Because of this I would never say that I have a perfect understanding of anything because different life experiences bring out different trials, which in turn become a personal witness of the teachings of Jesus Christ.  General Conference is a wonderful way to recenter ourselves if we find that we have neglected our convictions to study, learn and listen.  I have found that there are ways I have neglected my spiritual growth and I am thankful for my brother who died on a cross who made it possible for me to repent and continue on the straight and narrow (no matter who in the great and spacious building is taunting at me).  I am also very grateful that my two little ones are sealed to Clay and I and we are able to be together as a family forever. 


As my wonderful friends in the Southern region would say...HAPPY EASTER YA'LL






2 comments:

  1. I just love watching the twins grow up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is easier than journaling and I can add moving pictures too...like Harry Potter.

      Delete