Tuesday, April 14

10 Month Old Twins






Stats:
Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz
Length: 22 inches
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Wow Moment: Clapping

Dear Avonlea,

You are becoming dangerously cute!  You have started to clap and at times it is at inappropriate moments.  Like if Rhett falls and starts to cry or when Mommy or Daddy declares that they are going to take a shower.  Sometimes when you clap you will miss contact with the other hand and it looks like you are trying to fly away.  Other times you clap so hard that you tip right over...but that just shows that you are deeply committed to your skills.

We have been privileged to have you start to give us more kisses recently.  It isn't common and so when you give them we know that you really love us.  The funny thing is that your kisses aren't little pecks like Rhett gives but they are big, sloppy kisses!  One time I was talking to your Physical Therapist with you in my arms when you decided to give me a big smooch right on the mouth.  It was funny because I had my mouth open and I didn't see you swoop in for the kiss.  Your timing,once again, proves to be impeccable.

Thankfully you have become a little more social with others.  It used to be that you had a permanent "grumpy cat" face whenever someone new would talk to you.  Now you only stare them down for a few minutes before you venture over to get a good look at them.  This gives me hope that going to Nursery won't be a disaster like I have always imagined it would be for you.  In fact, the other day you started smiling at some friends behind us in church although when they touched your hand you gave them the stink eye...baby steps.

You are becoming a beautiful little girl, both inside and out.  Your personality is getting stronger and we love to see how brave you are becoming!


Stats:
Weight: 19 lbs 4 oz
Length: 28 inches
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Wow Moment: Stair Climbing
Dear Rhett,

You have solidified your "dare devil" status by heading strait for the stairs no matter where we visit.  When we call out to you to stop you will look us straight in the face and hurry up the stairs again.  You will usually get to about the middle of the staircase before you realize that you don't know how to get down.  One time I followed you closely up the stairs and when you turned to have me pick you up I just waited to see how you would get down by yourself.  That was when you looked down the steps, smiled and leaned forward to fall.  Don't worry I caught you but that was the day that I started to teach you about going down backwards on your belly (which you haven't quite caught onto yet).

Lately you have showing us your funny side more.  You will fake cough and then laugh as if you just told the funniest joke.  Other times you will pull crazy faces and wait for us to pull the same face back...this exchange can go on for hours.  A few times we have been woken up by you laughing at yourself in the closet mirror and that is definitely my favorite way to wake up.

Your reflex is still an issue and we still have to give people warnings when they ask to hold you but I think it is getting better (or at least that is what I tell myself so I don't go insane).  You are holding your head straighter too, in fact your Physical Therapist says that your improvement is huge and she may not need to see us much longer.  I must say, you have had the best attitude towards your stretches and TOT collar.  You hardly ever get upset and the rare moments that you do you shake it off quickly and move on.

Thank you for being our ray of sunshine and giving us morning giggles.





No comments:

Post a Comment