The Saturday Southern BBQ Easter Bash and I got a great excuse to test out some of my pinterest veggie bunny (which was easy and entertaining).
Sunday was a bit more reverent with a meal provided by our wonderful Home Teacher's family that featured food that would have been found at the time of Jesus's life.
First our teacher showed us the above photo and tells how the painter first intended for the Lord to be clinging to the tree for strength as he overcame the sins of the world. He changed his mind and started to repaint it as Jesus kneeling in prayer pleading His Father for strength (you can see the knot in the tree towards the top is where he had began to paint Jesus). It is fitting that in our own lives as we try to overcome our trials that we should be pleading with our Father in Heaven for strength. What a beautiful painting and a perfect reminder in how we should face the hardships in our lives.
Second a different teacher spoke on the Atonement on Easter Sunday and bore a wonderful testimony about the use of repentance in his own life. He told us about how he had been living his life with a dark cloud and how he saw the influence of his choices were shaping his attitudes. He talked about how the persistence and constant love and encouragement of those around him prompted a change in his life. He then informed us that in his backpack next to him held his unopened missionary call. He spoke with power and bore true testimony of the blessing of repentance and power the atonement has in our happiness.
This past Easter I really got to reflect on my feelings and beliefs on the Atonement and all that it encompasses. I can truly say that I have been blessed to have the knowledge of my Savior's love and the plan that he has for me. As I continue to grow spiritually and discover my different purposes I know that my Savior's love for me will be a key component of the decisions that I make not only long term but that I make daily. I cannot think of a greater gift than the knowledge that this gospel provides and the peace that comes.



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment