Wednesday, August 14

Spinning Class

Nope not that kind of spinning class...I'm talking about a yarn spinning class.  I visited a beautiful local knitting shop and saw they were offering spinning classes.  I thought to myself, "I want to be the kind of person that never stops learning new skills...and when ever will I have time for this again."  So I signed up and now I am learning way more about textiles then I ever thought I would.


We started first by learning how to use the drop spindle, which is really fun and takes a while to get the hang of it but after a while can become addictive.  After we practiced that we moved on to the spinning wheel, it was much faster and I had to practice a lot.  Basically I learned to appreciate yarn that has been hand turned (because all of my yarn was bumpy and uneven). 


Keep On Spinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment