Saturday, July 20

Blueberry Festival


The Blueberry Festival was by far the largest festival that we have been to in Alabama (although Peach Days still bigger by far) and we couldn't think of a better reason to honor one of our favorite fruits then by spending the day surrounded by hot sweaty people.

There was plenty of evidence that we were at a blueberry festival because there was a plethora of blueberry dishes to snack on.  There was blueberry pie, cobbler, blueberry ice cream and of course cases and cases of cheap blueberries.  I tried all things blueberry while Clay decided to enjoy a Southern staples and went with a BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich (yeah one of us obviously didn't find it important to partake in the festivities...not going to say who...*cough cough...clay*)

The vendors were also very colorful people and they made some amazing products that I hadn't seen before.  There was a man who made beautiful bars, side table and chairs out of wine barrels and I am still kicking myself for not getting any pictures (because with the price he was asking for them I could probably only ever afford a picture).

At the end of the day the festival was a great hot and sticky mess filled with cars, sweets, music and of course blueberries.  
What is a better way to spend a Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment