Our time here in the South is winding down so we have started to aggressively knock things off our "to do" list. One of those was to go visit Monroeville, AL where the setting of the book To Kill a Mockingbird was inspired by and I had read the book while here so I was excited to go. The town's old courthouse was turned into a museum and every Spring they have a play based on the book preformed inside. The museum was filled with information about how the town was changed by the popularity of the story and the author (Harper Lee).
The museum was also filled with old people (which most museums are) and it was awesome to hear them talk about "other times". Clay and I feel very comfortable with older people and we both find them easier to hang out with than most people around our age (mostly because they aren't trying to "one up" anyone...they can't go much further because the ultimate "one up" is to die of old age).
The central part of town had kept the feel of the 1930's and it was beautiful that day to wander around (with a slight breeze, of course). We felt like we needed to be wearing overalls holding a glass Coke bottle as we looked through the shops.
Definitely a step back in time!

“Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy . . . but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”






I am kind of sad that you are moving back to Utah. I mean YEAH! but I love seeing all these Alabama adventures. haha
ReplyDeleteThat courthouse is beautiful! You look super cute Chelsea!
ReplyDelete