I know that the only reason some of you have clicked on this post is to look at this extremely awesome crocodile head. I don't blame you that guy is a beauty and delicious. That's right I ATE him. Well I may have eaten him...or his cousin. Either way I had me some fried gator and let me tell you that in the south they can fry anything enough to make it taste like chicken.
Fried Catfish = Chicken.
Fried Gator = Chicken.
Fried Frog Legs = Chicken (or so I hear)
We also ran into the Sons of the Confederate Veterans at one of the festivals and got invited to one of the annual Battle of Newton (we will save that for another post).
We also went to the Boll Weevil Festival. The Boll Weevil is a bug and the city Enterprise is known for being one of the only places that has a statue for a bug. Well the story goes that the Boll Weevil ruined half of Southern Alabama's cotton and forced farmers to find a new crop...and BOOM the peanut business was born. Peanuts helped bring in a lot more revenue and saved the south (economically). So Enterprise praises the pest for being a pest.











I can not believe you ate Gator! The south has turned you into a wild one! haha.
ReplyDelete