Tuesday, August 28

Home at Last

Seeing a white bus has never brought me such excitement as seeing this one round the corner.  As the soldiers were coming off I had a hard time telling them apart and so did the rest of the wives...and then I saw him.  I was so nervous that I froze and didn't know whether to run to him or to take a picture.  By the time I made a decision Clay had made his way to me and gave me a huge hug.  I could feel that he had gotten thinner but I was more concerned about this fury creature growing on his face...turned out to be a deep red mustache.

After I got over the shock of his new "look" I realized that we had made it through the worst part of training (or so they say).  I am grateful that Clay was able to complete this training even with the crazy weather.  I am also grateful that I had so many friends who checked up on me and invited me to spend time with them.  I always have considered myself independent but during this situation the extra friendship shown did not go unappreciated.





We both survived (in different ways) and are on to the next adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment