To help fill the space we are making cheap design modifications that we can fit into a smaller home. We decided to build a long old barn wood shelf. Luckily the base has a wood shop that allows service members access to all of their machines.
I am tickled that Clay knew how to use all of the machines (I was so confused when the guy was telling us what they do).
We did some distressing before we stained it to give it a reclaimed look.
(please ignore the random items on the bookshelf)
Here is the finished product! We decided to decorate it with some of our favorite things including a photo my sister made of us, our cake topper and some driftwood we found off the Florida coast. It was great fun to make something from scratch together!




Love it!!
ReplyDeleteSo gorgeous. I love it!!! Just wish we could anchor things into our walls here. (they are built paper thin here) Can't wait to put up shelving in our next house.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I especially love the driftwood
ReplyDeleteWOW! Look at you go! It is very, very nice. You guys are smart!
ReplyDelete