Thursday, August 11

who moved my cheese?!


So I found out this morning that last night the board of directors for the Cache Vally Boys and Girls Club have decided to end the program...yup I'm out of the job.

Since finding out this morning that I am now unemployed I have:
  • Redone my resume
  • Called 12 places of employment
  • Filled out 5 applications
  • Handed out 8 resumes
  • Planned out my next trip of employment for Monday
I was upset until Brit reminded me that the world didn't end but that someone had just "moved my cheese" and now it was up to me to make the next move. At first I laughed that the book had so much effect on my sister that she would actually quote it to me but than I realized that she was right and it was now time for me to act. So I did...and I am going to do it again on Monday....then again on Tuesday.

I really loved my job at the Boys and Girls Club and I think that it still hasn't hit me that I may not see a lot of those kids again. However, I am excited for this new change in my life. I have always wanted to waitress (I don't know why but I have) and how is the perfect time for me to just do it.

So go ahead world!! Move my cheese! I will just find a better cheese. A more tasty cheese. One that allows me to talk to adults. (That last one was weird but you know what I mean).

{chels}

No comments:

Post a Comment