Friday, January 21

Back to Basics

So a lot has happened from the last time I wrote my long pitty post. It is funny because about 2 days after that post Clay and I began to make connections with people in our ward that seemed just as excited to have someone to talk to as we were (and if you read the last post you can only imagine how excited I was.

The funny thing about this new found friendships is that I had to work for them. Let me start from the beginning. After writing the post I realized how pathetic is is for someone to put so much energy in being sad and not half as much energy in solving the source of sadness. I decided to keep trying no matter how many times it "didn't work". I went out and bought Christmas presents for every family in the ward that ever said a word to me. So we ended up with 8 gifts. lol We passed them out and got some good feedback and got made some connections.

This week we had a game night with one couple, going with them to dinner and the temple on Tuesday and another couple coming over on Friday Night. It is really weird and hard to start all over making friends again. The first time we hung out with a couple right before Christmas Clay layed in bed and kept asking me if "do you think they liked us?" or "I think they are so cool, I hope we can still be friends", it sounded like we were dating a couple (which we basically are).

It is a good feeling to be out of a "rut" but it is also a little scary because making friends again is riding a bike after not riding for years.

Speaking of good feelings let me tell you how much I love New Years Resolutions. It is just such a great time to really take a break and look at ways that you can improve. This year I am going to call "Back to Basics". This basically means getting back in touch with myself and things that are just so basic and pure.

Here are this Year's Back to Basic Resolutions:
  • COOK more healthy foods
  • Spend more time outside (exercise)
  • Make REAL connections with people (no facebook/less texting)
  • Study the scriptures personally/as a couple
  • Do more things that are for others and less filling life with "stuff"
  • Do something for the pure fun of it as often as possible
I just really want to refocus on the things that are most important in life and stop dwelling on things I cannot change. It is definitely time to detox from all the anger and disappointment that I have been carrying around for far too long.

Things are looking up and I am going to keep fighting to keep it look up.

{chels}

3 comments:

  1. yea!! i'm so happy you're dating again. JUST KIDDING! but i totally know what you mean! it can be hard sometimes, but it is worth it to have friends. i know you've been hurt before, but really, not every person is the same and you are going to find some true friends out there. also, love the back to basics. such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea you're inspiring! I think it's normal for all of us to get into these "ruts" and have a time of self pity. Sometimes they are really hard to get out of. When I have my next one I'm coming back here to read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your resolutions. I think those are the best I've heard so far. Mind if I steal a few? I'm glad things are going better for you. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete