Stats:
Weight: 13 lbs 5 oz
Length: 21.2 inches
Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Wow Moment: Butt Bounce
Dear Avonlea,Wow Moment: Butt Bounce
Your hair has grown so much this past month. There is about an inch long of strawberry blonde hair that sticks straight up right in the middle to make a natural fohawk. It reminds us of a cockatoo which is further confirmed by how excited you are when you see yourself in a mirror. I hope that you always like the girl you see in the mirror. I hope that you see how beautiful you are and that you conduct yourself in a way that you are proud of yourself. But I want you to remember that I love you no matter what because you are my daughter.
The head scoot has been replaced with the butt bounce. You will be sitting cross legged and start to bounce until you start to move forward. We keep wondering why you have decided to try any form of transportation except actual crawling, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I tried to record you doing it a few times but you would do it at the most random times.
When meeting new people you will not crack a smile. Rhett will be smiling away at strangers but you will just stare them down and sometimes I think it hurts people's feelings. I am constantly telling them that you just woke up and it isn't them (but it is). It doesn't matter if they play peek a boo or I try to tickle your feet you will still just look at them dead in the eye and not move a muscle. One thing is for sure you will be a hard done to crack in a staring contest when you are older...you can tell people that you have been doing it literally since you've been born.
Even if you don't hand out smiles like lolly pops we sure love it when you decide to share them with us.
Stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 8 oz
Length: 26 inches
Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Wow Moment: Pulling Self Up
Dear Rhett,Wow Moment: Pulling Self Up
You started to shake your head "no" when I would tell you that I loved you, so naturally I would reply with "Yes, I do". Soon it turned into a game where I would stay "Yes, I do" and you would shake your head while laughing. You are just too smart for your own good. But just so we are clear...I really do love you.
It is not uncommon to hear loud thuds in our home because you have learned to pull yourself up on things. You must be a daredevil at heart because keep trying to out do yourself on tricks. It started with you pulling yourself up and then yelling what sounded remarkably like "I did it".
Then it went to you holding on with one hand and soon holding on with one hand while reaching down to pick something up.
Last but not least was you letting go with both hands. This is what results in the loud thuds which is closely followed with loud crying (you can imagine what our neighbors must think). By the time I quickly come into the room and you have already flipped yourself over and started to climb again.
Your poor little (big) head now has nicely colored bruises decorating it and we have contemplated buying you a baby helmet. I have found myself needing to explain that you are learning to balance so people don't think I am throwing you around. You keep getting better at balancing each day and I am sure that you will get the hang of it in no time...then the real fun happens...walking (fun for you and stressful for me).
Big things are coming your way and we are excited to watch them happen.










No comments:
Post a Comment