Weight: 12 lbs 6 oz
Length: 20.75 inches
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Wow Moment: Moving around
With all the time you have been spending in my arms while you were sick you also wanted to get down to move around. This would cause you to try to flip out of my arms (good thing I have cat like reflexes). Fortunately I didn't drop you but you did head butt me which split my top and bottom lip. Good thing Daddy was home because I teared up (you were just fine...which only proves that you are tough headed...we find this a good thing).
Wow Moment: Moving around
Dear Avonlea,
Unfortunately, you were sick for the first time this past month. Being sick made you super cuddly and a little bit needy. I didn't mind the extra cuddle time but it was really hard to see you struggle before getting better. You also decided to stain all of your clothing purple because you would spit out the grape flavored Tylenol...thanks for that. But you are all better now and we appreciate your smiles even more since you didn't show us them for a few weeks.
You have to move around but instead of rolling like your brother you have found a unique way to do it. You will do a back-bend head scoot thing that makes my neck hurt each time I see you do it. It starts with you lying on your back, then you walk your feet to your butt and finally let your head scooch forward. Although it looks quite ridiculous it is also quite effective.
You have to move around but instead of rolling like your brother you have found a unique way to do it. You will do a back-bend head scoot thing that makes my neck hurt each time I see you do it. It starts with you lying on your back, then you walk your feet to your butt and finally let your head scooch forward. Although it looks quite ridiculous it is also quite effective.
With all the time you have been spending in my arms while you were sick you also wanted to get down to move around. This would cause you to try to flip out of my arms (good thing I have cat like reflexes). Fortunately I didn't drop you but you did head butt me which split my top and bottom lip. Good thing Daddy was home because I teared up (you were just fine...which only proves that you are tough headed...we find this a good thing).
Stats:
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz
Length: 25 inches
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Wow Moment: Crawling
Wow Moment: Crawling
Dear Rhett,
Your rolling has turned into actually crawling...army crawling to be more accurate. It is always fun to see what you will hit your head on next. I will try to baby proof one side of the room only to have you move to the other side of the room and hit your head. Sometimes I am surprised at the things you hit your head on...like a shoe...and Avonlea...and a wall (how am I supposed to baby proof a wall?!?).
I have tried unsuccessfully to have to crawl towards me when I call you over. The only things we can get you to crawl to consistently is the diaper wipes. You will crawl as fast as you can to the wipes, continuously hit them until you get frustrated and start to cry (this happens regularly). You have no problem raising your hands up for me to pick you up but you won't crawl to me...but I know it will happen soon.
You had your first Thanksgiving and I'm sure you will remember it for years to come (okay maybe not). There were plenty of people to entertain you and you definitely entertained them back. I can tell that family activities will become one of your favorite things.
I have tried unsuccessfully to have to crawl towards me when I call you over. The only things we can get you to crawl to consistently is the diaper wipes. You will crawl as fast as you can to the wipes, continuously hit them until you get frustrated and start to cry (this happens regularly). You have no problem raising your hands up for me to pick you up but you won't crawl to me...but I know it will happen soon.
You had your first Thanksgiving and I'm sure you will remember it for years to come (okay maybe not). There were plenty of people to entertain you and you definitely entertained them back. I can tell that family activities will become one of your favorite things.










They are adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! I can't stand how cute they are!!!!
ReplyDelete