Weight: 6 lbs 6 oz
Length: 19 inches
Hair Color: Blonde w/copper tones
Eye Color: Deep blue
Belly Button: Outtie
Nicknames:
Birdie
(Nana gave her this one)
Av
(most commonly used)
A.V.
(Clay likes this one)
Carma
(usually when she is in trouble)
Pretty Girl
(my daddy called me this and I find myself calling her this without thinking)
Length: 19 inches
Hair Color: Blonde w/copper tones
Eye Color: Deep blue
Belly Button: Outtie
Nicknames:
Birdie
(Nana gave her this one)
Av
(most commonly used)
A.V.
(Clay likes this one)
Carma
(usually when she is in trouble)
Pretty Girl
(my daddy called me this and I find myself calling her this without thinking)
Dear Avonlea,
This month has been a real learning curve with you. You have been chocking pretty easily with massive amount of milk coming out of your mouth and nose at the same time. This has scared us all to death but it has gotten better with medication. After you have one of these episodes you will look up at me and let out a little whimper as if to say "Mama, that hurt really bad." At this point in time I give you tons and tons of soft kisses hoping that it will make up for the burning in your throat.
You are a straight up cuddle bug. You would be perfectly happy cuddled up under my chin all day if I let you...but you have a twin brother who needs loving too so you have reluctantly learned to share. You have also started to make eye contact and lift your head. You love to look towards the window and will start to "coo" at the moving shapes outside.
You are a handful at times but we love you tons! You are our little doll and we are excited to see grow big and strong.
Stats:
Weight: 8 lbs 3 oz
Length: 21 inches
Hair Color: Blonde w/copper tones
Eye Color: Deep blue
Belly Button: Innie
Nicknames:
Gomer
(Clay just started calling him it...we don't know why)
The Boy
(given to him at the NICU...because he didn't have a name for a while)
Wrhett
(Clay hates this one)
Baby Boy
(usually called this when he is a being a sad boy)
Length: 21 inches
Hair Color: Blonde w/copper tones
Eye Color: Deep blue
Belly Button: Innie
Nicknames:
Gomer
(Clay just started calling him it...we don't know why)
The Boy
(given to him at the NICU...because he didn't have a name for a while)
Wrhett
(Clay hates this one)
Baby Boy
(usually called this when he is a being a sad boy)
Dear Rhett,
One of my favorite things that you have been doing lately is that you will be screaming your head off and when I pick you up your eyes will be squeezed shut tight. As I try to sooth you, you will open your eyes just the slightest and then you will stop crying as if to say "Oh, hey mom! I didn't know it was you." I will then lay you down to change your diaper and you are so happy. You will start to wiggle your arms and legs as if to say "Mom, I am so happy that I am going to show you a dance I made up." It makes me giggle every time but it also makes putting on a fresh diaper difficult.
Sometimes when I burp you, you will grab my hand in a hug and fall asleep. When I try to pull you off you will take the burp cloth with you and hug it like it is your best friend. You are just such a happy kid, although you will go from 0-60 and back in seconds (we have learned to not let you whimper too long or the whimper turns into a fog horn wail). You are a tender heart and sometimes you will cry just because Avonlea is crying (so we have learned to sooth her first and you will usually calm down too).
We love to watch you grow and to see your personality start to show. You are our sweet boy and we are excited to see what happens next.





No comments:
Post a Comment