When we first got the picture of what our master bedroom looked like I thought it wasn't too bad. It wasn't until I saw it in person and witnessed how the "texture technique" looked more like someone had smeared chocolate pudding across the walls, that I realized that this would be one of the first projects that we would tackle. So new light grey and dark slate paint went up which made the room grow 10 times bigger...and look 10 times cleaner too.
Next came the headboard. We went with a slate (although in the photo it looks black) accent wall and so we decided to white wash some wooden planks for a clean lined headboard. From there we mounted some lights which might have been the best idea we could have come up with (extremely useful).
We don't read much in bed and we have a strict "no electronics in the bedroom" policy so our side tables are mostly used to hold glasses of water (which are not pictured...because I'm pretending that I keep this room clean all the time...although we do make the bed every day).
The room came out on the masculine side but there are definitely some girly touches here and there. One touch of girlishness is our comforter which is so thick and warm. Another touch is my mom's flowered hope chest she had as a teenager. Right now it is filled with our favorite quilts but this chest reminds me of all the times I would sneak into my parents room at night and fall asleep curled up on this ceder chest.
I wanted our bedroom to feel like an actual room. In the other places Clay and I have lived we have used our bedroom as more of a functional space instead of a place we would enjoy being in. Now we find ourselves coming here all the time to just talk and hang out (I think the no electronics policy also helps with this being a place that we can focus on each other).
To say the least this room has become one of my favorite spaces in our townhouse.




No comments:
Post a Comment