We spent the first half of our Christmas holiday with the Moultrie side of the family and this included the traditional of sledding. It seems like each year the boys try to do crazier and crazier stunts...soon we will have a new tradition of going to the hospital after our sledding day. Ethan had already hurt his foot but made a makeshift waterproof boot so he could still participate in the festivities...I think he is very clever...or crazy.
What would the holiday season be if we all didn't splurge on some deliciously unhealthy treats! Thankfully both sides of our families are amazing bakers so we were never short of any sugar coma inducing goodies.
Christmas morning is always more fun when you have little kids to open gifts but as I am finding out it seems that the boxes and wrapping paper might be the best part. Because of this I am proposing that for the first years of our children's lives that each Christmas Santa leaves a huge (free) box fort with crayons and paints...we will see how long it takes for our children to realize that most children actually get things inside of their boxes. Judging by how Hyrum and Aspen played with this box for a good 20 mins it may take our kids quite a few years to realize they are getting cheated.
I love Christmas but man am I glad that it is over with. The highlights definitely came when family and friends were around but the stress and traffic can fade with the Christmas lights. Now excuse me as I pack away 40 uneaten candy canes to be eaten next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment