
Also as some of you may or may not have noticed I don't have Facebook...again... but hopefully this will be the last time. I have read a few different articles and they have really changed my mind about the social network site. If you want to know what I read check these out:
- http://news.yahoo.com/90-days-without-cell-phone-email-social-media-015300257.html;_ylt=Au9FWxJ5LVFq0fzdEWJZ4NADW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTRiY3BsMTdwBGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A01vc3RQb3B1bGFyIExpc3RpbmcEcGtnA2ZhOTdjYThjLWQ2MGEtMzczNy1hZTQyLTQ4ZWI4MDQ3MjQ0ZARwb3MDNQRzZWMDTW9zdCBQb3B1bGFyBHZlcgNjZWQ2OTYxNi00YzM4LTExZTEtYjg1Yi1mZjg5MzQ2MDhmMDU-;_ylg=X3oDMTFyNzExZWxyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANwb3B1bGFyBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3
- http://news.yahoo.com/study-why-facebook-making-people-sad-013413566.html
- http://news.yahoo.com/study-facebook-more-addictive-alcohol-cigarettes-205207934.html
So if you don't want to read these or have and just want a sum up of them I will tell you. First off it is interesting to think about the fact that only 5 years ago people lived their lives just fine without Facebook. I know that times have evolved but I do believe that somethings just shouldn't be replaced, like basic human contact and interaction.
Next I usually like to avoid things that tend to make me sad (as I imagine many of us doing). Last I have been taught to avoid things that can become addictive (plus there are so many better things out their to be addicted to like running or smiling...lol).

And their you have it folks. I would like to stay off Facebook but I honestly cannot say that I will stay off forever (it won't hurt to try, right?)
{chels}
For my communications class we have to listen to On the Media each week (onthemedia.org) and this week they have a special all about facebook and how much material they collect on their users. you should check it out. I think that you would really like it.
ReplyDelete