Wednesday, January 4

New Year's Day (Day #5)

We started off the New Year by heading to Shelby and Johnny's Japanese ward. It was really amazing to see how a small yet strong ward works. They were all incredibly nice and I really enjoyed their testimonies that they shared. Also being with this ward helped me feel more inspired about Visiting Teaching. I have always gone regularly but these members not only went regularly but they also prayed and actually prepared a lesson. I defiantly hope that I will continue to progress as many of the members in this ward are (and I know that Clay feels the same).

After church we were invited over for a traditional Japanese celebration with the missionaries and the . It was fantastic and the Harashima's were hospitalbe and clay and I felt so very welcome. The celebration involved many different types of food with different meanings.


Shelby did a wonderful job preparing the dish below.


Johnny helped serve the drink that we all toasted to the New Year.




The food was great and the company was even better! What a wonderful way to start the New Year!

{chels}

No comments:

Post a Comment